Thanks to Jen for hosting!
1. So I had this great post ready for yesterday, spilling the beans on my new big girl camera. And then Jack broke out in hives/welts and his face started swelling for the second day in a row and we were off to the doctor. Our little man has a peanut allergy, asthma, and eczema. Now it appears that he has an allergic reaction to something in the air or our yard too.
It's been such a frustrating process. Once we feel like we finally have a handle on some of the things our buddy has to deal with, something new comes up. The part that just makes me want to cry is that he takes it like a champ. Still smiling at me from behind puffy, swollen eyes and still just wanting to get in the action with his brother and sister. We 're thankful that his situation isn't worse and hope he can catch some good zzz's tonight.
2. Did I mention that I got a big girl camera?! Oh yes. It's true. My point n' shoot with the scratched lens has been demoted. I'll share more details in another post, but I got it through Amazon's warehouse where they sell used items (sometimes just with the package opened and never used) for much less that retail price. Score!
It's also true that I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet. But even wielding it around in my amateur photographer hands on auto, the pictures are like a gazillion times better.
I'm so excited that I'll be able to shoot better details of the projects around here, but mostly that I'll have some frame-worthy treasures of these sweet mugs....
3. We finally have flooring down in our master bathroom area, and all I'm going to say about that is it's good not to be walking on concrete anymore.
4. Ok, one more thing about that. We took off the old brass-trimmed mirrored doors to the closet area to lay the new flooring and the space looks twice the size. I'm thinking about keeping them off, but that would mean having to keep that area pretty neat. I generally do neat for pictures and not-so-neat for real life. On the fence here.
5. We're making the final push in this rush kitchen reno. We've been posting pics of the progress on Instagram and will hopefully have a reveal post to share next week! I probably just jinxed myself there and you'll see the post next month. A peak at the tile...
6. Since we've been doing a lot of work in our master bedroom and have a bit of a deadline on the kitchen, we had a contractor friend of a friend help us with some of the work in the kitchen. Mr. Tim has been here almost everyday for the past week and the kids are just slightly obsessed with him. Mia presented him with an original art piece when he arrived yesterday and the boys would love to be up in his business all day if they could. Thank for being so patient with them, Tim!
7. School starts in less than two weeks. Let me rephrase.....SCHOOL STARTS IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!! In my typical behind-the-power-curve way, we just picked up Mia's uniforms today. There's a used uniform sale at the back to school picnic and we're hoping to get most of her uniform items there. But in the off-chance they don't have her size I figured I should probably have at least one set for her to wear on the first day. The first day of 1ST GRADE. Just consider yourself warned of some serious mom sap in the days ahead.
To keep myself from balling over my baby going into big bad 1st grade territory, all next week is Back To School Prep Week on the blog! We've been so focused on wrapping up these house projects before school starts that I have not prepared at all for the school year to kick off. How about you? Are you prepared? We'll be getting ready for the ridiculous flood of paperwork, setting up storage solutions for school/art projects, shifting our daily routine, making some helpful tools to get us all out the door on time, and we'll have some fun printables to spread the back to school love. Hope you'll join us and have a great weekend!