Joining Jen for a Friday ritual after a week off the blogsphere...
1. So it's almost March and I'm pretty sure there has been at least one person sick in our family since Christmas. Everyday since Christmas. Didn't that sound dramatic? Is my pity party and cries for sympathy completely obvious? Ok, so it hasn't been EVERY day, but it's safe to say that we are wiped out. And clearly feeling really sorry for ourselves.
Jack's been diagnosed as mildly asthmatic, so anytime he gets a cold it tends to trigger those asthma symptoms. This was the first time we couldn't get it under control with the nebulizer/breathing treatments we keep on hand. He got a mac daddy steroid for one day and a wimpier steroid to take using the nebulizer for 2 weeks. So, we've been doing a lot of this:
Such a sweet trooper. I really have NOTHING to complain about. He is doing so much better and everyone is healthy at this very moment.
2. In lighter Jack news, last night was his last night in his crib. The big boy bed is set up and there's a big sweet boy in it as I type. He was SO excited and has only gotten out of bed twice. So far. It's been 3 minutes.
We had a nice talk about rules for the bed. Think this one's ready to set the supreme example of par excellence in big boy bed behavior?
More pics to come...
3. I painted a door this week and didn't use a darker primer. Red paint is officially the hardest color to get full coverage. It took 6 coats to get this bad boy from pink to a coral/berry/red. I'm not sure exactly what color it is. Valspar calls it "Berrylicious" and I find it quite "licious" too.
4. There are tulips on my table. This makes me happy.
5. Our house blog Fresh Coat of Paint had its one year blogiversary this past weekend. Or is it blog birthday? Or is it just really lame to even mark the date on the calendar? Either way, we've been celebrating over there this week with a couple of giveaways. If you could use some help in the organizing department, three $30.00 credits to the IHeart Organizing Etsy shop are up for grabs, and there's another giveaway for some pretty little things from Anthropologie. Fun stuff, so go enter!
6. If you hadn't noticed, I'm using a different camera this week. I'm borrowing my friend's big girl camera for a kitchen project photo shoot. I have no idea what I'm doing with it, but officially love it. I do the best I can with our point-and-shoot but there's just no comparison in the quality of the shots. I will be saving my pennies for my very own. One day...
7. Mia turned 5 this year and she's really made some true friendships with some of the girls in her class and through our American Heritage Girls Pathfinder Unit. It is so sweet to see the gifts they make for each other, the notes they exchange, and their genuine excitement to see each other. It's a joy and terrifying all at the same time.
She loves her friends, so the possibility exists for her to be hurt even more deeply. I've always wanted to protect Mia's sweet, sensitive spirit. (Don't tell her this is why I'm the Pathfinder group leader....that's my secret). I know I can't keep her in a bubble forever, and these moments where it seems so hard to let her go and not guide her interactions are really the easy ones in the big scheme of things. She had so much fun playing and serving at our Parish's Soup & Supper with her fellow AHG girls tonight. She didn't need me at all and that is both beautiful and trying for a Mama's heart. But then again, maybe she didn't need me because she knew I was there. Yup, that's what I'm going to tell myself ;)