1. Seriously. Thank you Jesus and Jen, for this link up. Otherwise, during busy seasons of life like this, I may never update this blog.
2. A few weeks ago we officially moved Jack out of his crib.
3. A faint glimmer of hope in all this is that Jack decided since he's a "big boy" and all now, that he was going to start using the potty. He's been doing great (mostly dry throughout the day and dry some mornings when he wakes up). Well, TMI here but he's also been having to poop right before he goes to sleep....which he now uses as an excuse to get out of bed. I feel like "mom of the year" when he says he has to go for the 17th time (and hasn't), so I make him get back in bed...where he promptly poops. Delightful.
4. My mom was in town for a visit over spring break. We had a lot of fun playing and enjoying the great weather....but we also got our projecting on. The victim? The laundry room...
The walls are somewhat patched, the mismatched paint is gone, and those chartreuse mini-blinds (a certifiable bio-hazard) are gone! We're working on a pedestal to raise up the W/D and a shelf to go along the top. Wish us luck.
5. We're heading to Galveston Beach over Easter, and I'm SO EXCITED! Ready for some warm weather, ready for the beach, and ready to spend some time away from the daily grind visiting with family. Here's a pic from the last time we were there:
Those curls! I love what the TX humidity does to his hair. Just not what it does to mine.
6. Sully is dropping his nap and I'm kind of at a loss. Some days I know he still needs one, as evident by the uber-emotional reaction to everything and the fits that accompany every request...and other days I know he's OK without one. But what does one have a 3 year old that can't read on his own yet do for quiet time (when his little brother is napping in their room)? Hhhmmm....
7. I'll end by letting you know that as I've typed this, the sunny spring day that was gifted us has since vanished behind grey clouds and wind. How much longer will you hide, Spring!?! Sorry, I shouldn't end with whining. Let me try again.....we had such a beautiful morning here and I'm so glad the spring is STARTING to show up! Better?
Head over to Jen's for more!