Happy Friday, Y'all! I'm joining Jen for another Quick Takes Friday.
1. We usually do something special for lunch on Fridays, and since this is the first Friday in Lent we tried the McDonald's fish bites.
Verdict from the Littles: no bueno. Guess we'll be sticking to quesadillas.
2. I hope you all enjoyed your Valentines Day! If you like those sappy "how we met" stories, I shared the short version of ours on the house blog yesterday, and it happens to live here under the "Our Story" tab on the menu bar. Check it out if you wish.
3. While playing in the backyard a few days ago Sully brought me this bowl and spoon. He informed me that it was his special soup.
When I asked him what ingredients he used, he thoughtfully replied, "Ketchup. Mustard. Hot Sauce. And squash.". Delightful.
4. This past weekend Mia was invited to a princess tea birthday party. Freeze dance with balloons? Best game for 5 year olds ever. And my friend Shannon makes amazingly beautiful and delicious cakes. Seriously, she's hired.
5. James left yesterday morning for a football coaching conference and won't be home until late Sunday night. What's a girl to do with all that free time to herself in the evenings? I believe the answer is paint. The cabinets and my nails.
It may end up just being my nails, but I figure writing it down ups the odds of it actually happening.
6. One of my favorite things we do in our Catholic Mom's Group is a frozen meal exchange. Each person makes 3 of the same meal, freezes them, then comes together for a play date/meal swap. During Lent we do a meatless version, so I came home with 3 meat-free meals including, manicotti/garlic bread, veggie chili/Frito's, and these spinach lasagna rolls. Delish (thank you, Natalie)! And so appreciated on a Lenten Friday with the hubs out of town!
7. As I thought and prayed about this Lent, several things came to mind. I liked Kathryn's take on approaching our Lenten commitment through a 3-part lens of prayer, fasting, and alms giving. With that, here's how my Lent is shaping up.....
You can read more about how we arrived at this here.
And that does it! I hope you all get to enjoy a nice long weekend!